I copied this from Kris’ blog. Her answers made me feel like doing a survey.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
At seven, because I had to (I don’t function well in the morning).
2. How do you like your steak?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Die unabsichtliche Entführung der Frau Elfriede Ott.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Oh, that’s a really hard decision. Probably Buffy or Firefly.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I don’t know; I haven’t even been out of Europe yet! (Although I came pretty close once or twice…)
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Coffee with soymilk. Then I had to run to be on time for a course.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
As Kris said: “I simply love good food, no matter where it’s from”.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Tinned mushrooms – Kris, you’re so right.
And, for some obscure reason, blackcurrant.
9. Favorite Place to eat?
Ginko. Or at home. Preferably while reading (I know!).
10. Favorite dressing?
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Erm… I ride a bicycle, if that counts. Her name is Epona.
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Probably jeans and T-shirts (especially my dark grey octopus tee). I can dress “like a girl” too, if I feel like it. ;)
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Portland, Oregon. Using this book as a kind of travel guide.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Half full, of course. Keep pouring.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Hell, I can’t even plan ahead as far as next summer! But I guess behind my laptop, writing books.
16. Favorite time of day?
Late afternoon (slanted sunlight in late summer or autumn, or ghostly fog making haloes around the lanterns in the park in winter).
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don’t watch sports (either).
(19. Who do you think will not tag you back?)
(20. Person you expect to tag you back first?)
(21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?)
Irrelevant. And I don’t think I’ll ever be on Facebook.
22. Bird watcher?
Hmmm. Yeah, I like to watch the crows in the park.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely not morning. I can’t even talk before I’ve had coffee.
24. Do you have any pets?
Neko and (foster kitten) Kaylee.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Watch this space. ;)
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Veterinarian and writer.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Reading and re-reading Ronja Räubertochter countless times. I still know my way around that forest.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Cat. Oh, and squid.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
31. Been in a car accident?
I was on a scooter, but the other participant was a car.
32. Any pet peeves?
Here’s my favourite quote of today (from someone’s presentation):
“…the sine qua non, which is to say the non plus ultra…”
Things like this.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Artichoke hearts, olives, pesto, rucola.
(Apparently I like green things on my pizza.)
34. Favorite Flower?
I find carnivorous plants oddly fascinating. Also the weird shapes some orchids come in.
35. Favorite ice cream?
Mango from Amorino. (There is one in Innsbruck.)
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Favourite what?! (Does Doublemeat Palace from Buffy count?)
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
I never learned how to drive.
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I confess. Amazon.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Umm… tots à la mode?
41. Like your job?
Yes. But I like my research and writing more. I wish I could get paid doing that.
Yes. In fact, just before doing this survey. Accompanied by cauliflower and nooch.
(They’re little trees!)
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Scotland, then London – summer of 1997.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
Uncharacteristically, Death Cab For Cutie.
46. What is your color?
All the colours of a flame.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
One, and another one planned.
(48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?)
I’m not playing your game.
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
If you really need to know, around nineish, CET.
50. Coffee Drinker?
Only in order to wake up (and enable talk mode). Then I usually switch to tea.