So I’m recovering from my tonsillectomy, and the healing’s going pretty well. I’m allowed to go home tomorrow, and I’m pondering what foods I can make myself at home. For the next two weeks (at least) I’m allowed no hot, hard/rough, sour/acidic or spicy food.
I can’t even eat fresh fruit (although preserves and compotes are allowed).
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far (apart from mild soups of all kinds):
– mashed potatoes with soymilk and vegan margarine (the smoother, the better)
– soy vanilla ice cream
– mild scrambled tofu or omelettes, prepared with silken tofu
– cream spinach and vegetable purrées
– (semolina) pudding
– creamy polenta (variations)
– small pasta with a mild sauce
– peanut butter (or cashew butter) smoothies
– soft cereal or porridge
– oh, and I’m definitely going to try making a home-made slushie!
I just realized that most of the things I just listed can be found on “home-made baby foods” websites. *g*
So if I run out of ideas, I might even give one of these a try. :D
ETA: During dinner, I mentally added these two things to my list:
– soft bread with (not very spicy) Tartex spread
– and, of course, those frozen tofu/seitan burgers they have at Spar!